Thursday 7 July 2016

How I get my teeth white on a budget


* disclaimer I am not an expert nor am I claiming to be these are just a few things I like to do to help whiten my teeth.


My teeth are something I always get complimented on about how nice and straight and white they are. unfortunately getting straight teeth isn't something I can tell you about as I have always had straight teeth, although I do know there are ways for that, but getting them whiter and cleaner is.


The first step is pretty simple and something we should all be doing at least twice a day anyway, brushing them! As simple as this is there are ways you can up your brushing game and the first one is simple get a good tooth brush and tooth paste. This doesn't mean spending £50 on a tooth brush but getting a electric one will help. The one I have is off amazon and was just a few pounds and leaves my teeth feeling so clean and well brushed after. It even came with two extra heads and a lid to cover it to stop germs getting on it and a stand plus is is PINK! that's what I call a barging. Now toothpaste is something I found is all about trail and error as I found ones that work for me but don't necessarily work for other plus I like to change them up too. The one I am using at the minute is Colgate whitening toothpaste witch works amazingly for me plus Colgate is one of my favorite toothpaste brands. I also add in mouth wash and flossing into my brushing routine too just to go that extra way I don't use any pacific brand for this I guess they are just trail and error too. Another way I up my brushing game is a timer. I will set a timer on my phone while brushing my teeth for 3 minutes and that way I know they are getting a really good clean.


Going the extra mile 
Out side of brushing your teeth there are other things you can do to help clean and whiten your teeth. One of these which I am sure most of you have hear about is oil pulling. There are little packs that you can by from places that are specially made for this and there are different kinds of oils you can use. I just buy a jar of coconut oil making sure it is virgin coconut oil the one I use is Biona organic virgin coconut and I buy this off amazon. Although coconut oil can be a little bit on the expensive side It is defiantly worth it as it can be used for SO many different things and is SO good at all of them honestly is is my holy grail and something I have to have (maybe we will make that into a diffident blog post?). I try to oil pull about once a day sometimes missing a day or two. To do this I will take a table spoon full of coconut oil then warm it up in my mouth until it becomes a liquid and then just pull it around my mouth, a little like you do with mouth wash, I will do this for around 15-20 minutes and then I will spit it out ( remember oil can clog your drains ) leaving my teeth feeling and looking super clean. How this work is (supposedly, I feel it work) it draws out toxins from you body (yeah don't swallow it)  improving you oral and even over all general heath. I am not going to lie this does not taste to good but you do get use to it after while.
Another way I Like to go the extra mile is to use teeth withing strips The ones I use are advanced teeth whiting strips which is something else I also buy of amazon for just a few pounds. In this you get the instructions a little card to compare you progress to and 14 pouches of teeth whitening strips which all come with a upper teeth strip and a lower one. These are easy to apply and do not have a horrible taste. To use these I follow the instructions on the pack leaving them on 30 minutes, using them daily so they are used in 14 days and the redoing them every three mouths and they leave my teeth looking so white and clean. I could see the different in my teeth after one use of one strip and I honestly love them and have already brought some more. These are the thing that have made the biggest difference to my teeth.


A few random tips 
  • drink threw a straw 
  • Avoid things that stain your teeth like smoking and drinking tea and coffee
  • Avoid eating to many sugary foods
  • Use strawberries and baking soda mixed together and apply this on your teeth 
  • Rub the inside of a banana peel on your teeth
  • clean your tongue 
  • Eat water rich vegetables 
  • Drink plenty of water 
  • Get them regularly checked 



Feel free to let me know if you have any tips I would love to know. 





6 comments:

  1. Your teeth look so perfect! x

    http://beauty-voguex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the strawberries and baking powder tip :)

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely, some good products here too I need to do something with my teeth!

    Lauren x | http://huggled.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried whitening strips, but only thing it gave is pain. Maybe these are better, but I haven't seen here! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow my blog there, I'll follow your blog back!!! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god amazing, I need to try these! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete